Poem #1: BEYOND WHERE THE WAVES BREAK

 


 

BEYOND WHERE THE WAVES BREAK

 

There, beyond where the waves break

In the open sea, I float far away from the shores

It's only me and other human sounds no more

Peaceful winds of  thoughts ceasing my heart's ache


There, beyond where the waves break

The sun shines over my body keeping me awake

Floating, rowing, coming and going

A bird sings me a song that keeps echoing   


Me, an island of my own self

Free from those proud words on a dusty shelf

Reviving the memories of the beautiful Delft


No boat could go so far from that land

No heart would be touched again by that cold hand

No person has ever gone far beyond the world's end


July 1st, 2024, by Caio A. Zini

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

RESENHA nº 1 - Curta-metragem CUERDAS, de Pedro Solís García

ENTREVISTA nº 3 - LUCIANA FÁTIMA, pesquisadora do escritor Álvares de Azevedo.

ENTREVISTA nº 1 - MARGARET JULL COSTA, tradutora literária.